Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Altec 416a recone kit (where can I get one?)

  1. #1
    SpyStyle
    Guest SpyStyle's Avatar

    Post

    Hello from icy cold Maine,

    I have an Altec 416a driver that needs to be reconed, I would very much like to find a recone kit and instructions (as I have never reconed a driver before)

    Thank you in advance for your help !
    Craig

    altec620b</p>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member dgwojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    172
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Craig,
    I'd send the entire woofer to Great Plains Audio and have Bill there recharge the alnico magnet, and install a "genuine" fresh recone kit, the price is right and you know the job will be done right!!
    http://www.greatplainsaudio.com/

    I'm lucky to have an excellent guy named Jim at http://www.circuitshop.com to work on Altecs, I don't think he has a remagnetizer as of yet though. Good luck, Dave.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dgwojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    172
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's my first attempt at posting a picture, it's an Altec woofer I had www.circuitshop.com recone for me, hope it works, what great work!!
    http://home.earthlink.net/~dwojo/sit...ircuitshop.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.